This is my first year at Milton I transferred from PHS at the start of this school year I am a junior. I am a very active member of the band and the NJROTC. I look forward to publishing stories about various school and public topics.
Read all stories written by Drayton Hale
Read all stories written by Ryan Sutton
Read all stories written by Collin Smith
Clubs I’m involved in:
- Junior Board (Class of 2015!)
- Spanish Club
- Panther Print
- Stamp Collecting Club
- Trio Educational Talent Search (PSC)
Things I like to do:
- Take pictures!
- Listen to music
- Play instruments (flute, guitar & piano.)
- Cheer on my teams!! (Alabama Crimson Tide, New Orleans Saints, & MHS Panthers.)
Read all stories written by Crystal Holley
Hi, my name is Carlyn Thrasher and I’m very excited to be on the staff of this year’s Panther Print. A few things to know about me are:
- I am a huge comic book nerd. X-Men, Avengers, Justice League, you name it, I know it. I do write fan-fiction and, be warned, when I start talking about X-Men, you’ll have a hard time getting me to stop.
- I love writing. It’s what I do when I’m bored, happy, sad, angry, depressed, etc… Writing is my passion, and something I hope to continue after I graduate.
- I’m a total Drama Nerd! I love show tunes and performing onstage. I’ve been in chorus since my fourth grade year (this being the only year since then that I haven’t been in it), I was the leading villain in the musical Pirates of Penzance (Pirate King, don’t judge!) my seventh and eighth grade years, when I 5 and 6 I was in ballet, and my first two years of elementary school I went to an arts based school in North Carolina so I’ve been performing for ever. Drama is my second family, and I love it!
- And I am very sociable. If you see me in the hallway, I’m almost always talking to someone. I love doing new things and I love meeting new people. I’m also in Chess Club (I happen to be the secretary), Theatre II, Spanish 2 (which is pretty cool, seeing as I’m only a sophomore), and now the Newspaper! I was only at this school for half the year last year (after being transferred from Pace) and I wasn’t able to be as involved as I would have liked last year. This year, I’m coming out swinging and doing as much as I can!
- I like to dress nice (not expensive, just nice) for all parts of life, including school. My opinion is that, if you want people to treat you a certain way, dress the way that you want be treated. This doesn’t mean pink frilly dresses… Ew.
- I have come from a long line of Grammar Nazis, meaning I have a sharp eye and a pet peeve for grammar mistakes. You won’t see a lot of them in my writing.
- I love UFC (Rhonda Rousy rocks!), soccer, spicy food, singing, acting, and writing. Not a big fan of football (the only football I like is the football in other countries, wink wink.) or politics.
- I like a lot of different types of music: rock, rap, country, pop, Metallica and Nirvana, and punk rock. Not one to judge quickly based off of music taste.
- I’ve been known to be competitive, and I love playing soccer. I am not on the team this year due to a conflict with try outs, and I didn’t have the opportunity to be on it last year, but next year FOR SURE I will be at tryouts.
- I’m pretty much the exact opposite of a passive aggressive person. If I like you, you’ll know. If I don’t like you… you’ll DEFINITELY know. I believe in being out front and honest about the way you feel about some one, and I’m not one to keep my opinions to myself, at least not when asked for them.
- I am a christian, BUT! I support gay marriage and encourage all people to embrace who they are! Quirks, differences, sexuality and all! Let your *Freak Flag fly!
That’s everything I can think of right now, thanks!
(*Freak Flag also happens to be my favorite song from the musical Shrek…FYI)
Read all stories written by Carlyn Thrasher
My Thoughts: Most of my life I have thought about all sorts of new ideas, but never really put them into action.
About Me: I am deaf (not having the ability to hear) in my left ear. When I am asked something I think about it more than most others would, but hey, I guess that’s just another obstacle I have to get past. The thing I hate the most is when someone’s bullying someone else, whether they are bigger or smaller than the other person. When I see bullying I tell a teacher about it; most people call me a tattle-tale, but all I’m doing is stopping people from going through the same thing I’ve gone through. I keep my cool most of the time, though. I also am manager of the 9th grade basketball team.
Summary: I am just another high-schooler who goes to the same school as you; all that’s different about me is that some of what I have to deal with is different than what you have to, but we all have something we have to deal with in life whether it be small, or big. I try to help others so they can have a better life than the one I’ve had, all it takes is one changed person to start a chain of people having better lives. I live by my what my great-grandmother said: “If the world hates you, help it and the people that live there.” Many say I’m crazy, but all I do is see the world in a different way than you.
Read all stories written by Stephen Easter
Of course my name is Lauren Bridgman. I’m sixteen years old and of course I attend Milton, I am a twin and I have red hair. Like most of my friends at school, I take most honors classes, such as AP World History, which is quite a challenge this year but is fun. I absolutely love to read and write, so journalism is one of my newest hobbies, besides from drawing and and listening to music and quoting random things in my spare time. One day, I hope to become a Pediatrician, its a long schooling process, but I know that if I set my goals, anything can happen.
“Instead we wage a war that can’t be won, yeah we wage a war that can’t be won. I stand on the ash of all that I’ve ever loved, Memories of a Broken Heart.” Crown the Empire (Memories of a Broken Heart)
Read all stories written by Lauren Bridgman
My name is Dylan (as you can tell from the top). I am the editor-in-chief of the paper and love writing. I am a huge brony (Applebloom is best pony) and I love gaming. I am a huge fan of many things. Things like Star Wars, Doctor Who, Halo, Fallout, and Yogscast to name a few. I am a honors student in Chemistry, English 2, and World History and I plan on going to law school and becoming a lawyer that either focuses on Prosecution or Gay rights. I am in Chess Club, Sophomore board, and the newspaper at school. I play guitar for fun and I love reading. If you feel like asking me a question or talking, add me on Facebook at Dylan Hesser; or if you are a gamer, I will soon have up my friends’ and my gaming page, if you have a question on anything nerdy.
Read all stories written by Dylan hesser
Hello, my name is Lauren Schofield and I am in the 10th grade. I’m in band, beta, newspaper/journalism, and trio. Some things that I enjoy doing is knitting, crochet, playing the flute/piccolo in mhs band, spending time with friends, playing the guitar, and helping others in need of a helping hand.
Read all stories written by Lauren Schofield
I’m Rachel. I take pictures at events and review stuff and fluff for Panther Print. I normally don’t write articles on things like events though. I do, however, write when I feel something should be said that isn’t being mentioned already. I love bands/artists like Abney Park, Voltaire, Lana del Ray, Cinema Strange, and System of a Down. As far as books go, I love the classics, Shakespeare, Dante, and Bram Stoker among many others. I like video games and enjoy school. Overall, I am a total geek and anything but the norm.
Read all stories written by Rahcel Gaspard
Salutations! My name is Jamilah(obviously) and I am one of the writers for the fabulous MHS Panther Print! Apparently, i’m supposed to write stuff about myself on here, so imma do it in a nice, organized format just so y’all get the gist of exactly who I am:
- My initials & the first 3 letters of my first name are JAM
- Theatre is my life. I absolutely love to sing, dance, & act.
- I proudly represent Thespian Troupe #376
- Beyoncé(my queen), Idina Menzel, Sutton Foster, Drake, Lindsay Mendez, Lady Gaga, Lohanthony, Tyler Oakley, Lana Del Rey, etc. are some of the most fabulous people in pop culture
- I’m a pop culture junkie
- I’m also a musical theatre junkie. Literally all I listen to are showtunes.
- I’ve been in two musicals: The Wedding Singer & Grease. I played Donatella in The Wedding Singer & various ensemble roles in Grease
- I am addicted to social media. I honestly think that I cannot live without checking my Twitter notifications every 2.5 seconds
- I’m black AND Hispanic AND Muslim. People honestly don’t think I can be all three!
- I’m an honors student #swag
- I love the watermelón & chicken & fast food(stereotypical, I know)
- I have some pretty great friends tbh. I’m always open to talking to new people tho!
I don’t think i’m that ratchet, so lets be friends, MHS! I’m literally just sashaying my way through life~
*That was a theatre term by the way, haha. Xoxo
Read all stories written by Jamilah Muhammad
Read all stories written by Skyler Scott
Hey guys! I’m Brittany Greer, a sophomore c/o 2016! Milton High has become a home to me. Every day brings something new, I hope you’ll get to see all the excitement I do! I’m on the MHS Cross Country team, but I have many other interests such as music, reading and being a part of MHS. I LOVE TAKING PICTURES, don’t know if I could honestly emphasize on that any more! I’m a huge Instagramer, I just love being connected to the world. Now that I’m on the Panther Print team, I feel like I’m what connects the people with our giant Panther world.